Sunday, May 31, 2015

Art Quilters Around The World and Other Stuff

     Today is the day to post the latest theme for AQATW which is "Out of This World". The first thing that popped into my head was something outer space and what is better than an alien. I had acquired a lot of glittery fabric for some other project so the image of a space ship came to my mind....now how to incorporate a space ship and an alien on an 11" x 16" surface?

      So with the help of fusible backing I came up with my challenge entry!


                            
                              An Alien Photo Bomb!

Another project I got finished this week is my "Elements" study I've been working on with my studioQ gang.

This is what it looked like black and white but I didn't really like it so I slashed all up and added red.



I like it much better now. So I finished quilting it with red thread and red binding.


       And another finished product....my 12" x 12" for the 2015 SAQA Auction. Here are some pictures of my process. I decided to do another "Cardinal in Winter"  similar to the one I did fit the Cure Fundraiser. I already had the background, just needed to cut it down to size.

 Materials used

Cut out 12"  x 12"

Closeup of quilting and beading

Closeup of final product!








3 comments:

  1. Love a dash of red in almost anything. Glad you are experimenting with your craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a dash of red in almost anything. Glad you are experimenting with your craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I look at the alien space ship, I see a Mexican sombrero. A nice Tex-Mex touch!

    ReplyDelete