Saturday, January 31, 2015

Art Quilts' Around the World-Structure

       The Art Quilts' Around the World theme for this month is  "Structure". Last fall my daughter Andrea and I took a trip to Ohio to a Susan Shie workshop. After a terrific week there, we did some touristy stuff...Niagara Falls, Mackinac Island, and one of our closer to home spots was the Gateway Arch at St. Louis, Missouri. We rode the cable car to the top and peered out the little slits of windows! Fabulous trip!

"Structure"-The Gateway Arch

The Mighty Mississippi looking over at Illinois 
St. Louis, Missouri
My inspiration photo!





















3 comments:

  1. Wow Jay, your quilt is awesome and looks just like the photo...only prettier with your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're braver than I am, Jay -- I couldn't conceive of going up to the top of the arch when I was in St Louis a few years ago! Love the quilt, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there and done that. I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete