Sunday, January 25, 2015

Art Inspired Overload!

     I am in Art Inspired Overload!! This past week, I have been totally saturated by art and artists! My first exposure was my Trinity Valley Quilters' Guild meeting a week ago Friday...great bunch of ladies who are more into traditional quilting, lovely but not the direction I usually travel. Although, our speaker this month was the very talented Carol Morrissey who is a Fiber Artist.
An example of her fabulous work!
     Then the Saturday following, I went to Dallas to the North Texas Circle of Studio Art Quilters' Association (SAQA). Now I am beginning my overload journey!  What a bunch of talented gals!
Showing wall hangings made from t-shirt 
Valerie showing a hand-dyed art.
And a scarf that Valery has made-very unique
Heather showing one of the Shibori pieces she purchased from a recent trip to Japan.

Natalie showing her "calligraffiti"
Carolyn with her "sunset" wall hanging
     After the meeting and lunch, we were invited to see Valery Guignon's studio, "The Primordial Ooze" in East Dallas. What a talented lady!  She does it all..her current focus being art clothing.  Her studio is so named because she proudly admits she never throws anything away!!


Valery with a couple of her friends (yes, she made them).

     Then Monday, I hit the Inspiration Jackpot!! My studioQ art group met at Kay's. We had our show and tell and discussed our latest venture.
Wendy
Kay
Kay
Lynn
Rhonda 
Five of our latest study..working with units
     Our latest study is how to make quilts using repetitive elements, varying the size and lines widths to create a pleasing design.  This is our third session on this study...next time we will create a wall hanging using two related elements...using black and white.
     Then after lunch, we traveled to Keller, to the Elm Street Studio to see an exhibit by Heather Pregger...her first private showing!



Heather with my favorite
     So I am home...working on my wall hanging for the "100" donation which is almost finished....totally in overload...as my mind is filled with all I have seen in the past week!





No comments:

Post a Comment