Friday, December 5, 2014

studioQ Meeting-November/December



   My fiber arts group, studioQ, usually meets on the last Monday of every month.  As the last Monday in November was also the week of Thanksgiving so we decided to combine our November/December into one meeting.  Last time we met, we started on a new challenge.  A couple of our gals have attended several workshops about creating quilts and have learned much about design so they are sharing some of the techniques with us. Our assignment was to create several units of our chosen element so we could play with them on a design wall...rearranging them in various ways to see which was most appealing.  After we all discussed our designs, our assignment for next time is to make more elements and create a quilt out of them!
     When I first started making my elements, I didn't think I was going to like this design technique, but as I made more and thought of how I could change them up, then discussing with my studioQ people, I think it is going to be facsinating project!
     We all started with black and white construction paper and glue then most of us progressed to fabric. Here are a few pictures of what we did:







These don't look like much now, but I am really looking forward to what we can do with them.



And here we are at the end of the meeting before going to lunch. We sometimes meet at one of our favorite fabric shops, Cabbage Rose.
















No comments:

Post a Comment