Thursday, August 28, 2014

studioQ August meeting



 I've been very negligent in posting about my favorite group of fiber artists! We have been meeting once a month for over eight years now! We have so much fun together and learn so much from each other! We are about to wrap up our last challenge ...our color chip challenge. I am going to post both #8 and #9 as I am pretty sure I did not post about our July meeting!
We have done 9...one more to go!
Wendy's choice...#8-Top row-my fabrics/bottom row-Wendy's paint chips.Wendy had chosen her colors from a painting by Arthur Dove which I could not find to post!

Beth-#8 (done in paper)
My #8 
Wendy #8
Heather #8 
Rhonda #8 
#8-All together!
Kay's #8 (she missed the July Meeting)
Then for our August meeting Heather had presented us with paint chips inspired by the following picture.
Heather's inspiration for Challenge #9

Bottom row-Heather's paint chips/Top row-my fabric choices
And here are the blocks created by those who participated for our August meeting.

Rhonda's #9 
Kay's #9
Heather's #9

My #9-in progress...I am debating between these two to finish...
My other # 9 in progress...opinions???



No comments:

Post a Comment